3.5.0.0816 -> 3.8.0.1114 Problem

jacob_steffensen

3.5.0.0816 -> 3.8.0.1114 Problem

Post by jacob_steffensen »

Hey from Denmark. I choose to write in English so you can all understand my problem...

I have an Qnap TS-219P with 3.5.0 installed and would like to update to 3.8.0.

My problem is that what ever I do - my Qnap will not accept the update. It will try to upload the file - but the update doesn't continue. I get an email with info that the update did not succeed.

Any way do get the update to work?

I have tried to update from Qfinder and the browser but same result.
When i log in from browser my qnap writes that autoupdate 3.7.0 is available, but that also stops... :(

Thanks in advance.
P3R

Re: 3.5.0.0816 -> 3.8.0.1114 Problem

Post by P3R »

Search on the international forum for your problem. I'm convinced the first advice is almost always to install the firmware manually. Depending on the outcome of that update, continue to look for the solution over there.
Nej, RAID har aldrig varit en ersättning för säkerhetskopiering. Utan säkerhetskopior på andra system (och helst på en annan plats) är det bara en tidsfråga när du kommer att förlora dina data!
jacob_steffensen

I have already searched this topic, but my problem is that i dont know anything about SSH... :(

Already in the beginning i cant go further...:

"[Two important checks]
(1) Please make sure there is /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update folder.
(2)..."

(1) How do I do that?
And how do I get access to the qnap via ssh in the beginning? I have tried with "ssh 192.168.1.125" in Terminal but that doesnt work...
jacob_steffensen

It works now :D

thanks to youtube and google... my two new best friends hehe...

but was pretty nerve-wrecking to use SSH on a server when you dont know anything about the commands you give... In theory i could have cleared all data in the has without knowing it...

But "update successful" - so many thanks...
P3R

Post by P3R »

Great, and you learned a lot in the process. ;)
Nej, RAID har aldrig varit en ersättning för säkerhetskopiering. Utan säkerhetskopior på andra system (och helst på en annan plats) är det bara en tidsfråga när du kommer att förlora dina data!
jacob_steffensen

Well... I can't say that I learned a lot hehe...
Found a guind via Google and used the above link to manually installing the software...
Used Cyberduck to connect to the nas and create/delete the folders explained in the guide.
Also used Cyberduck to move the install-files to the right folder. Much easier than having to do it via SSH commands :D
Then I just applied the executive commands to activate the install-script on the nas and that was it...

I cant say I programmed the hell out of it - but I solved the problem and that must be the main case. :D

(But I must admit - i nearly shit my pants the 3 minutes it took for my nas to install the software... Didnt know if it would work or if i broke it. And its not nice giving the nas some SSH commands - not knowing what they mean or what it will do.)